Counter/Timer API reference¶
The counter/timer is one of the most used elements in sardana. A counter/timer represents an experimental channel which acquisition result is a scalar value.
A counter/timer has a
state, and a
value attributes. The state
indicates at any time if the counter/timer is stopped, in alarm or moving.
The value, indicates the current counter/timer value.
The other attributes are:
name of the timer channel (proceeding from the same controller) to be used when the channel is acquired independently
- __default - controller’s default timer
- __self - the same channel acts like a timer
- None - independent acquisition is disabled
- integration time
- integration time (in seconds) to be used when the channel is acquired independently
The available operations are:
- start acquisition
starts to acquire the counter/timer
- stops the counter/timer acquisition in an orderly fashion
- stops the counter/timer acquisition as fast as possible